St. Cloud Recycles
The City of St. cloud offers curbside recycling. Participation is the key to a successful recycling program. The city supports single-stream recycling because of the convenience it allows residents. The blue carts allow convenient co-mingling of recyclable paper, plastics, metal, & glass in one cart. No sorting means everyone can easily do their part.
Recycling saves landfill space, conserves resources, saves energy and saves water.
The following clean items are to be recycled:
- Aluminum cans
- Cardboard (flatten all boxes)
- Food boxes (cereal; cracker, etc.)
- Gable top containers (milk and juice cartons)
- Glass jars and bottles
- Junk mail
- Newspapers and inserts
- Office paper and file folders (without wax liners)
- Paper bags
- Paper cardboard dairy and juice cartons
- Paperback and phone books
- Plastic bottles
- Tin, steel or aerosol cans
Plastic bags can easily get tangled in the processing equipment and can shut down the recycling facility. Plastic bags seen in city recycling carts include:
- Garbage bags - Do not bag recyclables. Leave the items loose in the blue recycling cart.
- Retail store bags - many retailers collect these for recycling, so they may be returned to the store. Or, if reused for garbage, these bags belong in the maroon garbage cart.
- Other - including dry cleaning bags, food storage bags, newspaper delivery bags, etc. must go in the garbage carts.
Items Not Accepted
The following items are not to be recycled:
- Bottle caps
- Broken glass
- Ceramics or dishes
- Food waste
- Hardback books
- Household hazardous waste
- Light bulbs, window glass, or mirrors
- Motor oil containers
- Newspapers with plastic wrappers
- Plastic bags
- Plastic tubes, jars, and trays
- Polystyrene foam
- Shredded paper
- Yard waste or trash
- Metal Pans
- Plastic Wrap
View information regarding accepted waste materials, special pickups, household hazardous disposal and our holiday pickup schedule.
In addition to single stream curbside pick-up, residents may also drop off their recyclables at the St. Cloud Transfer Station:
2750 Peghorn Way
St. Cloud, FL 34769
St. Cloud Transfer Station is open Monday through Friday 7 a.m. to 4 p.m. and Saturday 7 a.m. to Noon (except for holidays).