2019 Photography Contest
The City of St. Cloud is pleased to announce its 2019 Photography Contest. In preparation for Florida City Government Week in October, this year's contest will celebrate St. Cloud from the perspective of our residents & students. All photos must be taken within St. Cloud city limits. Photos taken outside of city limits will not be considered.
The deadline to submit photographs is November 1, 2019. Should you have any questions, please contact the Public Information Office at 407-957-7303 or via email.
Each contestant may submit up to one (1) photograph in each of the four (4) categories listed:
- Simply St. Cloud - No need for fancy gear! Send us your best phone snaps from around the city.
- Nature Walk - St. Cloud is known for its ecotourism. Enter your best nature or landscape photograph.
- Creative Edits - This category is for photographs with added artistic flair. Use Photoshop, Lightroom, etc.... anything goes.
- Find Your Place in the Cloud! - People connecting with other people or the environment. Send us your best unposed, candid shots of people interacting with physical environments throughout the city.
Photo Contest Disclaimers:
- NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS CONTEST.
- Deadline for submission: Photo(s) may be submitted beginning on September 30, 2019 and will be accepted through November 1, 2019.
- Judging will be done by a panel of City officials, community leaders and/or professional photographers. Winners and finalists will be notified via the email address provided on the entry form.
- Acknowledgement of Rules: In order to participate in this contest, you must acknowledge and agree to be bound by the official rules, terms and conditions. Check the box on the entry form to acknowledge and accept these rules and restrictions.
- The City of St. Cloud, FL is not responsible for (a) lost, late, misrouted, damaged or illegible entries, (b) any computer- or communications-related malfunctions or failures or disruptions or losses caused by events beyond the control of the City of St. Cloud, FL; and the City of St. Cloud, FL will not return submitted photos.
Official Rules, Terms and Conditions:
- Entrants must be at least 18 years old. Individuals affiliated with the City of St. Cloud, FL (the "City"), including employees and their immediate families (children, siblings and spouses) are NOT eligible to enter.
How to Enter:
- Complete the online entry form, including uploading photo(s) file(s) to the form, before submitting.
- By entering/participating in this contest, you indicate your full agreement to and acceptance of these official rules, terms and conditions and City's decisions, which are final and binding.
- Winning photos will be announced at the Awards Reception in November 2019.
Guidelines and Restrictions:
By submitting a photo(s), you agree that your entry conforms to the following guidelines and restrictions:
- The entrant has taken the photo or has direct and full authorization from the photographer to submit the photo.
- Photos must be family appropriate for all ages.
- Photos must not contain material that violates or infringes another’s rights, including, but not limited to, privacy, publicity or intellectual property rights, or that constitutes copyright infringement or trade-mark infringement.
- Photos must not disparage City of St. Cloud, FL.
- Photos must not contain material that is inappropriate, indecent, obscene, tortuous, defamatory, slanderous or libelous, or that depicts any uncontrolled hazard or any unsafe procedure or practice.
- Photos must not contain brand names or trademarks other than that of the City of St. Cloud, FL.
- Photos must not endorse or be perceived to endorse any other commercial product or services (e.g., any clothing worn and/or products appearing in your Photos must not contain any visible logos, trademarks or other third-party materials—note: all identifiable third-party products, trademarks, brands and/or logos must be blurred out so as to be unrecognizable).
- Photos must not contain material that promotes bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any group or individual or to promote discrimination based on race, gender, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age.
- The entry must not contain material that is unlawful, in violation of or contrary to the laws or regulations in any jurisdiction where the entry is created.
- The entry may not include personal contact information such as but not limited to license number, name, address, phone number, social security number, passport number, driver’s license number, date of birth or any other personal identification except as is specifically requested.
- All photos and entry form information submitted are public records and may be made available for inspection or copying in accordance with Florida’s Public Record Law.
Use of Photos:
By submitting a photo(s), each entrant agrees that the City of St. Cloud, FL shall have the perpetual right to use, display or reproduce the photo in any manner and in any media now existing or subsequently developed without further obligation to or permission by the entrant.
Additional Terms and Conditions:
- The contest is void where restricted or prohibited by law.
- Odds of winning are dependent upon the number of entries received.
- By entering the photo contest, all entrants agree to abide by and accept the Official Rules.
- All entrants and winners agree to allow the City of St. Cloud, FL to use their names, location and related personal information and photos for promotional purposes without obtaining further consent or providing compensation.
- By accepting a prize, the winner agrees that the City of St. Cloud, FL will not have any liability for any injuries, losses or damages of any kind incurred in connection with or resulting from the use or misuse of any prize, or while traveling to, preparing for and/or participating in any prize-related activity.
The prizes for the City of St. Cloud 2019 Photography Contest are as follows:
- Grand Prize - 'Best in Show': Nikon COOLPIX B500 with accessory bundle
- First place in each of the four (4) categories: $100 gift card
- All finalists' and winners' photos will be showcased at City Hall.
MARK YOUR CALENDARS!
A reception will be held for the finalists and to present awards to our contest winners in November 2019 at St. Cloud City Hall (1300 9th St., Building A, Third Floor).
City of St. Cloud 2019 Photography Contest Winners & Finalists' photos on display
November 2019 - January 2020.
A panel of judges made up of City officials, community leaders and/or professional photographers will judge all submissions. Each submission will be scored based upon composition, originality and artistic merit. The highest scoring photo in each of the four (4) categories will be awarded 1st place. One image will be awarded the Best in Show title. Finalists and winners will be notified via the email provided on the entry form.