Building Department News / Announcements
Please go to the Document Center for the 6th Edition (2017) Florida Building Codes Analysis. You can download and/or print these documents from there.
We would also love to hear about your experience with the Building Department. Please click on the link below and let us know how we are doing.
Attention Contractors/ Homeowners:
Effective April 1, 2018
In order to maintain and issue proper building permits, the Building Department is requesting the following information.
Per Section 1 Division 1 of Resolution 16-078R, all building permit applications require a copy of the executed contract for the purpose of determining permit fees. For homeowners acting as their own contractor, a detailed cost estimate including labor and materials shall be provided. As an alternate means for determining permit fees, valuation standards as established and set forth in the latest official publications of the Florida Building Code or the International Code Council Building Valuation Data table.
For Residential & Commercial permits submitted by a General Contractor, a Limited Authorization Letter for each trade shall be provided from each subcontractor that is attached to the main permit. For each trade not providing subcontractor Limited Authorization Letter, will be required to obtain a separate sub-permit for the job.
FEMA Flood Elevation Certificate:
- FEMA Flood Elevation Certificate Form OMB 1660-008 is required at the time of permit submittal for the following flood zone areas: Zones A1-A30; AE; AH; A; (with BFE, Base Flood Elevation): Only properties located in flood zone "X" do NOT require a Flood Elevation Certificate. A copy of the Elevation Certificate is available under applications, checklists & forms and can also be accessed here.
- In an effort to expedite the permitting process, the City of St. Cloud Building Department will no longer require upfront permitting fees to be paid at the time of permit application submittal for any and all types of projects. It is our desire to make permitting, a more customer friendly process.
Notice of Commencements (NOC)
- NOC’s will no longer be required to be delivered to the Building Department prior to the first inspection. All NOC’s must be posted at the jobsite prior to the first inspection.
- Slab Surveys are required to be posted at the jobsite at the time of slab inspection. A copy must be available for the building inspector to inspect from and retained for Building Department records.
Blower Door Test
- Blower Door Test Certification is required at the time of building final inspection. A copy must be available for the building inspector to inspect from and retained for Building Department records.