Create an Account - Increase your productivity, customize your experience, and engage in information you care about.
View Other Items in this Archive |
View All Archives | Printable Version
CITY OF ST. CLOUD
DEVELOPMENT REVIEW COMMITTEE MINUTES
1300 9TH STREET, BUILDING A, 1ST FLOOR
THURSDAY, FEBRUARY 23, 2012, 2:00PM
CHAIRMAN: Michelle Orton
SECRETARY: Nancy Medina
Corey Clough Betsy McCormick Robert Wood Dave Ennis
Marty Hobbs Dave Pierson Jen Giannuzzi
1. Case # 12-70.02 - Esprit Phase 2&3 (FKA Friar?s Cove Phases 4,5,6) Landscape & Irrigation
North and west of Friar's Cove Road, East of Florida Turnpike
Planned Unit Development (PUD) Final Master Plan Revision
Applicant/agent: Tom Daly
JEN GIANNUZZI 407-957-7253
1. Please revise the project name on the plans to read Esprit Phases 2 & 3 (FKA Friar's Cove Phases
2. Landscaping will be reviewed through the City Arborist, Kim Duffy.
PARKS & RECREATION
KIM DUFFY 407-957-7189
1. It is highly recommended to replace some of the Slash Pines (Pinus elliotti); proposed as a buffer for
the Florida Turnpike; with suitable evergreen trees. The pines will not meet the opaque buffering at
Mr. Daly stated that he would contact Ms. Duffy to discuss the placement of trees.
SCHOOL DISTRICT OF OSCEOLA COUNTY
LORI WALL 407-518-2916
1. No Impact on Public Schools, Landscaping Plans/Buffer Plans
OSCEOLA COUNTY (911 ADDRESSING)
MARILYN THOMAS 407-742-5910
1. No comment at this time.
BOB WOOD 407-957-7236
1. No Comments.
1. Please verify the trees will not be impacting the underground utilities.
1. Please include utilities' contact information on the cover sheet.
1. Truncated domes not shown on the sidewalk
1. The proposed revisions are unrelated to water, sewer, and transportation. Concurrency has no
comment at this time.
COREY CLOUGH 407-957-7222
1. The stand pipe for the 3" meter should be installed during construction of site.
2. Follow details from original submittal for installation of meters greater than 2".
3. Ensure all irrigation meets code and inform inspectors to progress for periodic inspections due to the
size of this.
4. Allow 2-3 weeks for irrigation meter to be delivered, as we order per job. We do not stock any meter
larger than 2".
5. Permitting is separate; please see Public Services when ready.
1. The reuse system is usually shut down from 10a-4pm, call for arrangements to test system.
DAVE ENNIS 407-957-8484
1. Fire Hydrants and Fire Protection Appliances shall have clearances of 7.5 feet front and sides and 4
foot to the rear for hydrants. (NFPA1 126.96.36.199) This includes driveways, mailboxes, trees, shurbs and
OUC (ELECTRIC UTILITY)
ANGELO PERRI 407-957-7231
1. No comment.
DAVE PIERSON 407-891-6771
1. No Issues
Mr. Daly will resubmit new plans addressing all comments for staff to review.
2. Case # 12-75.01 - Eastern Avenue Baptist Church
South of Tenth Street, east of Eastern Avenue and west of Grape Avenue
Applicant/agent: James Callen, James T. Mackey, Jr., P.E.
Additional attendee: James Taylor
The Site Plan for a 1,500 +/- square foot addition to a place of worship has been reviewed by staff and was found to have deficiencies. The following items must be addressed to provide a complete review:
1. Please provide area calculations in square feet.
2. Please indicate linear dimensions of proposed building addition.
3. Identify the building setback lines.
4. Identify the number of stories and height of the proposed addition.
5. Please provide a narrative explaining what changes are being made, specifically identifying if the
congregation area is being expanded or if seats are being added.
6. Show impervious surface calculations in the Development Data box on Sheet 3.
7. Please remove the parking requirements information provided in the Development Data box on Sheet
8. The vicinity map on the cover sheet should have a scale of not less than 1" = 2,000'.
9. Remove the reference to the old parcel numbers and legal descriptions and replace with the new
parcel boundary and legal description for PID # 01-26-30-4950-0001-3915 as a result of combining the lots and pursuant to the letter from the Property Appraiser dated January 13, 2012.
10. Please revise the Development Data box on Sheet 3 to reflect the correct setbacks, as found in Table
III-6 of the LDC.
11. Landscaping will be addressed by Kimberly Duffy, City Arborist.
12. Additionally, please see the attached comments as submitted by the DRC for your review. Upon
receipt of revised submittals adequately addressing all conditions of the DRC the case will proceed
through the approval process.
Mr. Mackey acknowledged the comments and stated that the changes will be reflected on the revised plans. Mr. Mackey also clarified that the parcel numbers are correct for the two parcels. The legal description will remain the same on the survey. Mr. Callen stated that he spoke with Ms. Duffy to let her know that they are not increasing the number of parking spaces therefore additional landscaping is not required. Ms. Giannuzzi recommended that the applicant contacts Ms. Duffy to discuss this matter since she is not present and has conditions on her comments.
PARKS & RECREATION
1. Please submit a landscape plan in accordance with the St. Cloud Land Development Code, Article VIII
Landscape and Tree Protection sections.
1. City Arborist #SO-0777 has completed an evaluation of the existing trees/palms, referencing Sheet 1 of
1 Boundary Survey. The proposed site plan may require mitigation of trees. Please contact Kimberly
Duffy, 407-957-7189 for assistance and guidance.
1. No Impact on Public Schools
ELIZABETH MCCORMICK 407-957-7259
1. Finished floor of the proposed addition is not included on the plans.
2. Sheet 2, Detail 1: the existing ground is shown as 1?+ below the elevation of the proposed sidewalk,
but there are no grades/grading on the grading plan (sheet 4) to show how the ground will slope from
the sidewalk to the existing ground.
3. Please update the cover page to note Public Services: Public Works and Engineering, and the
Environmental Utilities are one Department ? Public Services.
4. Provide the drainage calculations signed and sealed by a Professional Engineer.
1. Provide bike rack.
2. Consider adding a stop sign at the connection to Eastern Avenue.
3. Dumpster is shown on the plans in a parking space and not in a dumpster enclosure.
1. Please provide a copy of the SFWMD, FDEP water and FDEP wastewater permits to Public Services,
2. No wheel stops are shown in the concrete parking areas.
1. The applicant has submitted and the City has accepted an alternate meter calculation for sewer impact
fees associated with connection of the property to the City's sanitary sewer system. That impact fee
will be assessed at a rate of 1.36 ERUs.
2. The total impact fees for this project are estimated to be as follows:
Water = $ N/A
Sewer = $3,924.25
3. The following reservation fees have been estimated for this project and must be submitted prior to a
Certificate of Capacity moving forward for City Council consideration:
Water Reservation = $N/A
Sewer Reservation = $1,000.00
These estimated fees are for sewer impact only. Additional impact fees may be assessed at the time of
building permit issuance.
4. The balance of the water and/or sewer impact fees, along with applicable tap fees, must be submitted
prior to issuance of a sewer tap for the project.
5. Please be advised that connection to City services will require the issuance of a Certificate of Capacity.
Processing of the certificate will not be moved forward to City Council for approval until such time as
the applicant pays all applicable reservation fees and notifies the Planner that it is ready. Your planner
will place the item on the next available City Council agenda.
6. All impact fees are subject to change and will be adjusted based upon that which is approved as final
by the DRC and those impact fee rates in place at the time of permitting.
7. For questions regarding the information contained herein, please contact Marty Hobbs, Impact Fee
Coordinator, at (407) 957-7285 or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Mr. Callen noted that he spoke to the City Manager in reference to transportation fees not being applicable since there will be no parking increase.
Ms. Hobbs requested that the applicant provides her with a letter requesting to wave the transportation impact fee. Mr. Callen acknowledged Ms. Hobbs request.
1. Provide the statement on the final Construction Plans stating "The sanitary sewer lift station will be
privately owned and maintained by the property owner".
2. All subdivisions, whether inside or outside the municipal boundaries of the City of St. Cloud, must
submit a copy of the recorded plat to the Environmental Utilities Department for verification of
easement and/or right-of-way dedication and location prior to requesting installations of water and/or
3. Ensure proper identification of the force main line is clear; green pipe, buried sewer tape placed 12"
above the pipe,etc. this is to prevent any possible cross connections.
4. Provide DEP permits if determined to be needed.
5. Pipe testing will still be required to ensure proper installation and no defect in the line that may cause a
6. Connect through the manhole, core the manhole and utilize a flex boot and seal properly. The existing 6" gravity stub is for future gravity sewer.
1. In the general note section- Temporary seeding is not allowed as finished product in the ROW or
easements, sod will need to be replaced in the areas excavation activities disturbed existing material.
Mr. Mackey acknowledged all the conditions. Mr. Mackey and Mr. Clough discussed the connection and manhole location. The City has no preference and whichever was more feasible to the client/applicant. 2" line size was ok with City.
1. Approval of this case will not cause an adverse affect on fire rescue department operations.
OUC (ELECTRIC UTILITY)
1. The proposed Lift Station the plan shows a new meter installation. The secondary conduit and wire
from the Lift Station Electric Meter to OUC pole # (25867) is the responsibility of the owner.
2. Please apply for a Permanent Service, Service Order at OUC customer service at 1300-9th Street Bld
"A" St. Cloud, or call 407-957-7373. Any questions please contact OUC Engineer Angelo Perri at
1. No issues
Mr. Mackey addressed all conditions and will resubmit revised plans for staff to review along with a narrative.
Members approved the DRC Minutes for January 26, 2012
Committee discussion was held by Michelle Orton for revised resubmitted plans that have conditions as part of their DRC comments must be crossed off if conditions have been met. Ms. Orton advised the committee to place all recommendations under information so it transmits onto the approval letter.
ADJOURNMENT: 2:25 PM
If a person decides to appeal any decision made by the Committee/Board, with respect to any matter considered at such hearing/meeting, such person will need a record of the proceedings and that, for this purpose, such person may need to ensure that a verbatim record of the proceedings is made, which record includes the testimony and evidence upon which the appeal is to be based, and which record is not provided by the City of St. Cloud. (FS 286.0105) In accordance with the Americans With Disabilities Act, persons needing assistance to participate in any of these proceedings should contact the secretary/Clerk of the Committee/Board listed below, prior to the meeting (FS286.26) Nancy Medina, Development Officer/DRC Secretary; 1300 9th Street; St. Cloud, FL 34769; (407) 957-7255 or via email to email@example.com.
Michelle Orton, Chairman Date
Nancy Medina, DRC Secretary Date
Dennis Ragsdale, AICP, Growth Mgt Services Admin Date