Create an Account - Increase your productivity, customize your experience, and engage in information you care about.
View Other Items in this Archive |
View All Archives | Printable Version
CITY OF ST. CLOUD
DEVELOPMENT REVIEW COMMITTEE MINUTES
1300 9TH STREET, BUILDING A, 1ST FLOOR
THURSDAY, MARCH 8, 2012, 2:00PM
CHAIRMAN: Michelle Orton
SECRETARY: Nancy Medina
Dale Cozeck Corey Clough Betsy McCormick Eric Van Tassel
Robert Wood David Ennis Marty Hobbs
1. Case # 12-25.03 - Transition House
3800 5th Street
Abandonment of Easement
Applicant: Dale Cozeck, City of St. Cloud
DALE COZECK 407-957-7253
The subject easement was originally granted in 2004 by Bane Medical Services to the City of St. Cloud for the purpose of use as an access driveway with related improvements to provide for access. Since the granting of this easement, the development to the north of the subject easement (St. Anthony Garden Courts, f/k/a Hamilton Park) has been completed. As part of this development, the access road to the site has been aligned to conform to the extent of an existing right-of-way. As such, the easement in now inconsistent with the established developments and is therefore being processed for abandonment.
PARKS & RECREATION
KIM DUFFY 407-957-7189
1. The Parks & Recreation Department does not have any comments, regarding this request, at this time.
1. If trees are proposed for removal, please contact Kimberly Duffy, ISA Certified Arborist #SO-0777, prior to
OSCEOLA COUNTY PUBLIC SAFETY (911 ADDRESSING)
MARILYN THOMAS 407-742-5910
1. Compliance. Abandonment of easement should not impact or interfere with 911 service.
BOB WOOD 407-957-7236
1. No Comments.
BRIGHT HOUSE NETWORKS
MARVIN L. USRY 407-957-7236
1. Bright House Networks (BHN) has reviewed the above referenced request (Case# 12-25.03) regarding the
abandonment of the 5' Public Access Easement. BHN has "No Objections" in granting the request as
described and illustrated in your correspondence dated February 15, 2012.
1. No comments.
1. The proposed abandonment is not related to Concurrency. Therefore we have no comment regarding this
COREY CLOUGH 407-957-7222
DAVE ENNIS 407-957-8484
1. Approval of this case will not cause an adverse affect on fire rescue department operations.
OUC (ELECTRIC UTILITY)
ANGELO PERRI 407-957-7231
1. It is OK with OUC Electric Engineering to Abandon the Easement.
Applicant and DRC had no additional comment or questions. The case will move forward and be scheduled for the next available Planning Commission meeting.
2. Case # 12-76.01 - Kids Kastle Daycare
Southwest corner of 10th Street and Illinois Avenue
Mini Site Plan
Applicant/Agent: Sheila Persaud
Additional attendee: Jeff Crtts
MICHELLE ORTON 407-957-8428
Fences within the Professional District have a maximum height of three (3) feet in the front. The side or rear yard which abut a right-of-way shall maintain a ten (10) foot setback with a maximum height of eight (8) feet.
1. 20 net square feet floor area per person
Exit Width (FBC 1021.2)
1. Minimum 44" with occupancy load of 50 or more people
2. Minimum 36" with occupancy load of less than 50 persons
Exits (FBC 1034.2.1)
1. Every room or space with occupancy load of more than 50 persons or more than 1000 square feet, shall have at least 2 separate exits
2. Egress exit discharge shall provide direct and unobstructed access to a public way per FBC 1024.6.
1. Every room subject to client occupancy shall have at least 1 window or door opening to the outside for emergency rescue and ventilation.
Bathroom (FPC Table 403.1)
1. Require 1 water closet and 1 lavatory per 50 occupants. 1 drinking fountain per 100 occupants and 1 service sink.
Accessibility (Chapter 11 FBC)
1. Must comply with the Florida Accessibility Code.
1. The submitted application does not indicate an increase in the existing potable water meter size. Therefore, no
additional water and/or sewer impact fees are applicable.
2. The proposed "pavilion" is considered ancillary to the facility and does not qualify as additional structure
square footage. Therefore, no additional transportation impact fees are applicable.
3. For questions regarding the information contained herein, please contact Marty Hobbs, Impact Fee
Coordinator, at (407) 957-7285 or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. A grease trap will be required if on site cooking will be done.
1. Further review may be required if additional water and sewer requests are needed.
Ms. Persaud indicated that there would be on site cooking, however the meals will be through the DCF Program and fried foods would not be served. Mr. Clough explained that a grease trap will still be required. Ms. Persaud acknowledged the condition.
1. With the information provided it appears the fence may hamper ingress and egress requirements of a day care
center. A plan to scale showing more detail will be required for the site plan approval.
2. The proposed shade cover shall meet all flame retardant standards as set forth in the 2009 edition of NFPA
101 of The Florida Building Code.
1. A previous case for a conditional use was approved with the following conditions:
2. Due to the length of time the facility has been closed it shall conform to the most recent edition of the Florida
Fire Prevention Code.
3. A floor plan drawn to scale showing all measurements of rooms, hallways, doorways windows
and life safety features such as exits, exit signs, emergency lights and fire alarm is required to
be submitted to the Fire Rescue Department. (NFPA1 1.7.11)
4. A site visit will be required prior to any approval for occupancy by the St. Cloud Fire Rescue Department.
5. These conditions must be met before a daycare can occupy this facility.
Ms. Persaud will resubmit a floor plan to scale as Mr. Ennis indicated. This case will be placed on hold until all conditions have been met.
3. Case # 12-75.02 - St. Cloud Family Dollar Revision
East of Canoe Creek Road approximately 400' south of Pine Tree Road
Site Plan Revision
Applicant/Agent: Kevin White
1. No comment.
1. Please change the cover sheet to read St. Cloud Public Services Department (combine 1 and 7) and the phone
number to read 407-957-7344.
1. Please provide a copy of the revised, approved FDEP wastewater permit it Public Services.
2. Please provide a copy of the revised, approved Osceola County Right of Way Utilization permit to Public
3. Maintain and implement erosion control per details in original submittal.
4. Proposed Grindor Station is in the location of a proposed tree on the original approved plans.
Mr. White noted that the tree would be relocated and Ms. McCormick stated that she will review the revised plans.
1. The proposed plan amendment does not include upsizing of the water and or sewer service. Therefore the
original assessed water and impact fees will not change.
2. The proposed plan amendment does not increase the structure square footage. No additional transportation
impact fees will be required as a result of the plan revision.
1. A 10 foot (10') wide utility easement will be required on all property lines or tracts abutting a right of way.
2. A minimum 15 foot (15') wide utility easement is required centered over the water main, fire hydrants and up
to the water meters.
3. A minimum 20 foot (20') wide utility easement is required centered over the sanitary sewer main and service
laterals up to the clean-outs.
4. All necessary paperwork for dedication to the City of required Utility Easements must be received prior to
release of water meters for the property. Required documentation for all Utility Easements includes at a
minimum suitable easement document, legal description and sketch of the easement, and a Certificate of Title
for the parent parcel dated no more than 15 days prior to receipt of the easement paperwork.
5. Provide the statement in the Documents and on the final Construction Plans stating "The sanitary sewer lift
station and 2" force main will be privately owned and maintained by the property owner". Per note 13 on the
6. Any required changes from Osceola County that may alter these plans will require an additional review by the
City of St. Cloud and may require revisions to the plans submitted.
7. Approved plans from Osceola County must be submitted to the City of St. Cloud prior to scheduling a
8. Cover sheet- Please have the phone numbers reflect 407-957-7344 for public services
9. Show the fusible connections from 6" to 4" as reducers.
10. Note 4- add sewer and reuse water to this note.
11. Add note that the force main will be HDPE with green stripe.
12. Add note to refer to original approved site plans for City of St. Cloud details of installation.
1. Ensure all separations between water, reuse and storm and bury depths will be met during construction and
2. If possible install 4" valve outside of sidewalk.
Mr. White discussed extending a 4" drive main over to the property corner, based on a condition of the sales contract and direction of property owner. Mr. White and Mr. Clough discussed the change and updated cross sections will be submitted.
OUC (ELECTRIC UTILITY)
1. Does this service require a additional meter? If yes please contact OUC Electric Engineer Angelo Perri
407- 957-7231 email; email@example.com
Mr. White indicated that they will meter directly from the building.
The applicant will resubmit plans for approval.
ADJOURNMENT: 2:20 PM
If a person decides to appeal any decision made by the Committee/Board, with respect to any matter considered at such hearing/meeting, such person will need a record of the proceedings and that, for this purpose, such person may need to ensure that a verbatim record of the proceedings is made, which record includes the testimony and evidence upon which the appeal is to be based, and which record is not provided by the City of St. Cloud. (FS 286.0105) In accordance with the Americans With Disabilities Act, persons needing assistance to participate in any of these proceedings should contact the secretary/Clerk of the Committee/Board listed below, prior to the meeting (FS286.26) Nancy Medina, Development Officer/DRC Secretary; 1300 9th Street; St. Cloud, FL 34769; (407) 957-7255 or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Michelle Orton, Chairman Date
Nancy Medina, DRC Secretary Date
Dennis Ragsdale, AICP, Growth Mgt Services Admin Date