Create an Account - Increase your productivity, customize your experience, and engage in information you care about.
View Other Items in this Archive |
View All Archives | Printable Version
CITY OF ST. CLOUD
DEVELOPMENT REVIEW COMMITTEE MINUTES
1300 9TH STREET, BUILDING A, 1ST FLOOR
THURSDAY, OCTOBER 25, 2012, 2:00PM
CHAIRMAN: Jennifer Giannuzzi
SECRETARY: Nancy Medina
Elizabeth McCormick Corey Clough Marty Hobbs William McFadden
1. Case # 12-75.11 - Squeeze Athletics Parking Lot
Lot 31 Osceola Industrial Park
Applicant/Agent: Vincent Lord, on behalf of Squeeze Athletics, Ray Stangle, Osceola Engineering, Inc.
JENNIFER GIANNUZZI 407-957-7253
* The proposed site plan to construct 30 parking spaces has been reviewed by staff and was found to have deficiencies. The following items must be addressed to provide a complete review.
1. On the Cover Sheet, change ?Construction Plans? to ?Site Plan?.
2. In the Site Data box, remove the property location address (1421 Hamlin Avenue).
3. Remove the parking calculations and requirements for Lot 32 in the Site Data box.
* Upon receipt of revised submittals adequately addressing all conditions of the DRC the case will proceed through the approval process. Revised plans must be submitted within one-hundred eighty (180) days of this review. Revised plans submitted after the allotted time frame will require a new application including payment of additional fees.
Mr. Stangle acknowledged the conditions and will revise the parking calculation for lot 31 and will
resubmit revised plans for staff to review.
ELIZABETH MCCORMICK 407-957-7259
1. There are existing trees at the south end of the parking lot which are noted to remain but are in the middle of the drive aisle and parking spaces. Please update.
2. All offsite work (ponds, piping, roadway alignment, etc.) must be completed and accepted prior to Certificate of Occupancy being issued for this site.
3. The south end of the parking area has an existing high point of 77.32 at the edge of pavement that appears to be proposed closer to 72.89. Please note what three grades will be to match existing in the area and proposed contour spots or grade lines.
4. Please update details on sheet 10 to the most current City details.
5. Invert elevation of the elliptical pipe in the right-of-way shown on the cross section on sheet 8 is 72.42, but provides no cover over the pipe. The invert elevations on sheet 6 are lower than this elevation. Please update, and note minimum cover over pipe.
1. Additional comments may arise based on discussions during DRC, other reviewer?s comments and the review of responses from the applicant.
2. Please be advised that a Pre-Construction meeting and Site Development fees will be required for this project.
a. Notice to Proceed on this project will not be issued until after the Pre-construction meeting with Public Services and all required documentation, licenses, permits and fees have been received by Public Services Civil Engineering.
b. The City of St. Cloud Site Development fee for greater than 2 acres is $2,000 + 4% of engineer?s cost estimate OR for less than 2 acre is $1,000 + 4% of engineer?s cost estimate.
Mr. Stangle acknowledged the conditions and will resubmit revised plans for staff to review showing
the corrections on the conditions that were listed.
COREY CLOUGH 407-957-7222
1. A note has been stated on the plans for irrigation, show where the proposed irrigation meter will be set with backflow preventer.
2. If tying in to an existing 2? service for irrigation, a meter manifold may be required for future build out
3. If existing sewer lateral is in the drive, relocate for future build out.
4. Additional comments may be required, depending on the Fire Marshall requirements.
* Add utility details and general notes for any of the above comments as needed.
1. Additional comments will be made when the remainder of the lot is built
2. Irrigation permitting is separate from building permits. Please contact 407-957-7344 for assistance.
3. Locate and protect all existing utilities on site, raise or lower any appurtenances as needed.
Mr. Stangle acknowledged the conditions. Mr. Clough advised Mr. Stangle to contact Rick Mauro in the Irrigation department to verify if the battery operated irrigation timer would be acceptable. Mr. Stangle stated there is a two inch water service and they are going to extend the existing two inch water line.
1. The proposed parking lot plan does not affect water meter size or create an increase in structure square footage. No additional water, sewer or transportation impact fees are applicable for the parking lot construction.
2. Please note that the referenced irrigation system will require separate permitting through the Public Services Department.
3. Additional information added on October 25, 2012 ? This information is related to the increase in square footage of the "gym" and not the proposed parking lot increase. The following is information concerns an impact fee assessment related to the combining the two existing units.
4. During the pre-application meeting the owner was advised that expansion of the facility into an adjoining unit would require assessment of transportation impact fees. At that time the owner was advised to contact Marty Hobbs in the Public Services Department with information regarding the total square footage of the expansion as well as what portions of that square footage was going to be utilized as office space. That information is needed in order to provide an estimate of the transportation impact fees and any related credits for the existing use. As of this date that information has not been received
5. Concurrency Management strongly recommends that an impact fee estimate be obtained by the applicant prior to any forward motion in construction of the proposed parking lot.
Mr. Stangle acknowledged the information and will provide a note on the plans stating that the irrigation system requires a separate permit. For the record, Ms. Hobbs stated that during the pre-application meeting with Mr. Allen it was discussed that he would submit the square footage of the building so Ms. Hobbs can do an estimate on transportation impact fees. Staff also suggested that Mr. Allen submit a Change of Use application for review.
PARKS & RECREATION
KIM DUFFY 407-957-7189
1. Landscape Plan, Sheet L-01 states that Plan provides no replacement trees for mitigation of the 13 Oaks, 9 Bays & 3 Maples = 25 trees removed without replacement. In accordance with Section 8.2.3(b) Relocation or replacement as a condition of the granting of a permit, the applicant may be required to relocate the trees being removed or required to replace the trees being removed with suitable replacement trees, on up to a two-for-one basis if the replacement trees are smaller than the tree being removed, somewhere within the site.
· Four (4) of the Oaks are Southern Live Oaks (Quercus virginiana).
· Five (5) Bays are actually Dahoon Holly (Ilex cassine).
These native trees are a valuable resource for the City of St. Cloud and/or the environment; therefore, replacement will be required. Please show on the plan suitable replacements for nine (9) trees.
1. The landscaping plan is proposing Florida native plant material within the internal medians. How will the existing Palmettos and the invasive Cogongrass (Imperata cylindrical) be treated/managed within the Tree Barrier Zone of the existing 38? Southern Live Oak prior to landscaping installation?
2. The silt fencing, shown on Sheet 4, shall be staked; within the drip line of the protected trees not trenched. This will be addressed at the Pre-Construction meeting.
Mr. Stangle acknowledged the conditions and will make the changes on the revised plans.
DAVE ENNIS 407-957-8484
1. This approval is for a parking lot only; if in the future a building was added it is possible a turn area may be required at the south end of the lot.
2. As with the previous case the information provided shows an occupancy capacity of the additional square footage to be 234 people.
OUC (ELECTRIC UTILITY)
ANGELO PERRI 407-957-7231
BOB WOOD 407-957-7236
* No comments.
SCHOOL DISTRICT OF OSCEOLA COUNTY
LORI WALL 407-518-2916
* No Impact on Public Schools
2. Case # 12-55.02 - Section 6.14.1 - Sidewalks
Land Development Code Amendment
Applicant: Jennifer Giannuzzi, City of St. Cloud
1. Change "if expansion exceeds 50% of the gross floor area" to "if expansion exceeds the lesser of 50% of the gross floor area or 5,000 square feet".
2. With the current proposed wording, a currently developed property would not be required to install sidewalks if the building were replaced. Please update the additional text for this situation.
1. Consider placing this definition in another section which would apply to bringing all of a site up to date and not limited to the sidewalk only.
Ms. Giannuzzi acknowledged the conditions and agreed with the recommendations that Ms. McCormick stated. The ordinance language will be changed to ?This is intended to apply to vacant property or new construction. However, if expansion exceeds the lesser of 50% of the gross floor area of the existing structures or 5,000 square feet, this provision is also applicable?.
* The proposed amendment is not related to water, sewer or transportation impact fees. Concurrency Management has no comment at this time.
* No comments that pertain to water and sewer.
* I thought section 6 and 7 did not need to get an ordinance change through council?
* Approval of this case will not cause an adverse affect on fire rescue department operations.
* No comments.
* The department of Parks & Recreation does not have any comments, pertaining to this request, at this time.
* No Comments.
Discussion was held regarding having an extra DRC meeting in months that have five Thursdays.
Committee decided a DRC meeting will be scheduled on fifth Thursdays of those months.
ADJOURNMENT: 3:40 PM
If a person decides to appeal any decision made by the Committee/Board, with respect to any matter considered at such hearing/meeting, such person will need a record of the proceedings and that, for this purpose, such person may need to ensure that a verbatim record of the proceedings is made, which record includes the testimony and evidence upon which the appeal is to be based, and which record is not provided by the City of St. Cloud. (FS 286.0105) In accordance with the Americans With Disabilities Act, persons needing assistance to participate in any of these proceedings should contact the secretary/Clerk of the Committee/Board listed below, prior to the meeting (FS286.26) Nancy Medina, Development Officer/DRC Secretary; 1300 9th Street; St. Cloud, FL 34769; (407) 957-7255 or via email to email@example.com.
Jennifer Giannuzzi, Chairman Date
Nancy Medina, DRC Secretary Date
Dennis Ragsdale, AICP, Growth Mgt Services Admin Date