The City pool at the Chris Lyle Aquatic Center will be closed for 10 days due to an employee testing positive for COVID-19. The pool will resume normal operating hours on thursday, november 19. we apologize for the inconvenience.
RESERVING TIME AT THE POOL:
As we look forward to reopening Phase II at the pool and welcoming our community back, there are some changes that we have made to the pool schedule to help ensure social distancing guidelines set up by the CDC.
Covid-19 is an extremely contagious virus that spreads easily through person-to-person contact. Participating in this organization’s programs or assessing our facilities could increase the risk of contagion.
Due to Covid-19 here are the changes we have made to the way we will operate the Chris Lyle Aquatic Center this summer.
• Everyone who plans to come to the pool will need to reserve their time online at webtrac.stcloud.org.
• We will be offering different time slots throughout the day:
o Water exercise - Aquafit
o Lap Swimming / Lap Walking
o Seniors only time slots (60-65 years of age)
( If over 65 and compromised immunity the CDC recommends you shelter at home)
o RAYS Swim Team
o Open Swim
• Social distancing guidelines will still need to be followed
• Groups (8 or less) entering the facility together will not be required to social distance with others in their group
• Groups will need to maintain social distancing from other groups and individuals
• Lap swimming space will be very limited during Open Swim
• The gap between time slots will be for exiting the facility and for cleaning of the facility by pool staff before we open up for the next time slot
• Pool staff will screen everyone who enters the facility and will take their temperature
• Bathrooms will be monitored and cleaned regularly
• Everyone will need to wear a mask when entering the facility and when on deck - *No mask for under the age of 2 and not required but recommended for children 3-12 years of age
• Cloth face coverings are not a substitute for distancing guidelines
• No one should wear a mask while in the pool
• Do not gather with other groups/individuals and exit promptly when your time at the pool is over
• We encourage everyone to shower and change at home after swimming
• Pool staff will clean and disinfect regularly during the day and after equipment/furniture has been used
• When feeling sick please stay home
Please keep in mind that all of these changes are a learning experience for everyone and we might need to change some of our procedures as needed.
SUMMER SWIM LESSONS:
As we reopen our city pool we feel that it is important that we continue to teach swim lessons as a drowning prevention measure for the safety of the young children in our community.
Due to Covid-19 some changes have been made to the way we will offer and conduct our swim lessons.
- First we will be focusing on children ages 5 and under. This is the age group that is at a greater risk of drowning.
- All of our classes will be taught using a Private Lesson/Parent Child format.
- Due to social distancing and also to the fact that a mask is not to be worn in the water the parent/guardian/adult will be going into the water with their child and the instructor will be teaching from 6 feet away.
•We will be teaching ½ hour classes during most of our open hours•We encourage signups for swim lessons online at webtrac.stcloud.org
Once our community gets back to normal we look forward to returning to the traditional way we have taught our swim lessons. Currently we need to make these adjustments to swim lessons in order for us to follow CDC guidelines.
Please call Aquatics at 407-957-7364 for questions or assistance.