In an effort to follow current CDC recommendations & to help reduce the possible spread of viruses and infectious diseases;
Starting April 6, 2020 the City of St. Cloud Transfer Station will temporary discontinue the acceptance of cash & cash handling. All major Debit & Credit Cards are still accepted.
See Transfer Station Cashless Notice or call our Customer Service for more information.
The men and women of the Solid Waste Division are dedicated to set the standard of excellence for customer service. Our focus is to be courteous, considerate, and strive to be creative problem solvers for our customers, who we also recognize as our partnered business owners.
ACCEPTED WASTE MATERIALS
- Construction and demolition debris
- Household garbage, furniture, carpeting, etc.
- Metals / white goods (i.e., washer, dryer, refrigerator, stove, air conditioners, etc.)
- Tires (limit 4 per customer)
- Pick up day is Wednesday.
- Branches that do not fit in the green cart - see Special Pickups below
- Container should be placed at the curb no sooner than 6 p.m. on the evening prior to pickup day
- Make sure container lid closes
- Remove from the curb no later than 24 hours after pickup
- Yard waste only - no BAGS. Yard waste is vegetation debris (i.e., grass clippings, leaves, small branches, etc.)
The Solid Waste Division observes three holidays a year. New Years Day, Thanksgiving Day, and Christmas Day. The Transfer Station will be closed on these days, and there will be no curbside collection.
We collect large items placed at the curb once a week. Charges apply; $12 for the first two cubic yards and $6.50 for each additional cubic yard. **Special Pick-Ups over an estimated 8 (eight) cubic yards will be charged by current tipping rate according to weight. Charges will be applied to your utility bill as a "special pickup." You may call 407-957-7289 if you do not know your special pickup day. Place your large items at the curb prior to 7 a.m. on your scheduled pickup day.
PLACEMENT OF CARTS
Please place carts curbside on your scheduled day by 7 a.m. and no earlier than 6 p.m. the evening before. Remember to roll back your cart by the next morning; rollback charges are $5 each time. Please place cart at least 3 feet from mailboxes and other objects that would block our refuse truck. Items placed beside (outside) the refuse cart are $1 each and the charge will be applied to the customer’s utility bill.
HOUSEHOLD HAZARDOUS DISPOSAL
A drop-off area is available at the St. Cloud Transfer Station for household hazardous materials. This service is for residential customers only. Commercial customers must call 407-742-7750 for disposal information.