Drop Savers Water Conservation Poster Contest
ABOUT THE CONTEST
Every year the Florida Section of the American Water Works Association (FSAWWA) works with local water utilities to sponsor the “Drop Savers” Water Conservation Poster Contest. Students in grades K-12 are encouraged to create a poster depicting a water conservation idea, in slogan form, drawing form, or both. The contest allows students to promote water awareness and the importance of water conservation in their daily routines.
The City of St. Cloud is excited to be participating in this annual contest once again and encourages all students to create a poster of their own! All participating students will receive a memento and prizes will be given for 1st and 2nd places in each division. The first place winners in each division will have their art work displayed on various City platforms such as the City website and social media, and the teacher (or parent if home schooled) of the 1st place winning poster will also receive a prize! Additionally the winner’s artwork from each Division will be sent to the state competition where they will represent the City of St. Cloud and have an opportunity for additional prizes and recognition!
Each school/parent must submit all entries to Environmental Utilities Department (1300 9th Street. St. Cloud FL 34769) by March 5, 2021. Arrangements can be made for posters to be picked up from participating schools.
Grade divisions for the contest are as follows:
- Division One: Kindergarten – First grade
- Division Two: Second – Third grade
- Division Three: Fourth – Fifth grade
- Division Four: Sixth – Eighth grade
- Division Five: Ninth – Twelfth grade
Supplies and Guidelines:
- 8 1/2 x 11” white drawing paper to make the poster. Both landscape or portrait are fine.
- Crayons, color pencils, paint, or markers. No highlighters, photos, or computer graphics are permitted.
- Make sure the entire design fits on the drawing paper and have any letter message large enough that it can be read easily.
- Entry form must be completely filled out and taped to the back of artwork.
- The form can be found here ABOUT THE CONTEST ABOUT THE CONTEST ABOUT THE CONTEST
Judging and Prizes:
- A panel of judges will rate posters based on Message, Creativity, and Originality.
- Prizes will be awarded to the 1st and 2nd place student in each division at a ceremony at City Hall on April 22, 2021.
- Additionally, the Division winner's artwork will be forwarded to the state level competition to represent St. Cloud.
If you have any questions or concerns please contact Brooke at (407) 957- 7327 or email@example.com
We look forward to seeing your conservation masterpieces!