To apply for a permit please use the link below or use our drop box located at City Hall.
The mission of the Building Department is to protect the lives and safety of the public, preserve quality of life, and contribute to economic development. Our philosophy is based upon enforcement of building codes in an atmosphere of cooperation, open communication, and focusing on a long-term commitment to environmental integrity. We strive to provide the best service to our customers in a timely and courteous manner.
- Plan Review
- Inspecting for code compliance
- Performing new business inspections as required
- Enforcing city codes
- Issuing and renewing contractor registrations
The Florida Building Code (Section 553.73, F.S.) replaced Florida’s mixture of codes that were developed, amended, administered and enforced by more than 400 local jurisdictions and state agencies with building code regulation responsibilities. The current Code is a single statewide code based on national model codes and consensus standards, amended for Florida specific needs for the design and construction of buildings. The Building Codes in effect in the City of St. Cloud are listed below:
- Florida Building Code 6th Edition (2017)
- National Electrical Code 5th Edition (2014)
- Florida Fire Prevention Code 5th Edition (2017)
Effective January 1, 2021 the City of St. Cloud will adopt the following codes:
- Florida Building Code 7th Edition (2020)
- National Electrical Code 6th Edition (2017)
- Florida Fire Prevention Code 6th Edition (2020)